Saturday, September 8, 2012

Poppy Sweaters!

I've been knitting a lot lately...a lot of dog sweaters. I've made 3 for Poppy. The first sweater I made him was done in Paton's classic wool. I had some yarn left over from my sock monkey project. I used grey for the collar and red for the body and did the whole pattern on size 6 needles. The first pattern I did was Linus' Sweater, which can be found here:

http://www.knitandbake.com/2012/01/21/linus-sweater-easy-dog-sweater-knitting-pattern/

I'll share a photo on the slideshow for those of you who don't have me added as cloverallovermd on ravelry. The second sweater I made Poppy was by Coats and Clark AKA Redheart. It's mae of blue redheart super saver. I don't think anyone is a big fan of this yarn, but it's 100% washable and the cheapest mass-spun plastic you can buy anywhere. The pattern sizes were really great, but the ribbing that goes around the sides and back of the body require picking up stitches on a curve. My curve is super uneven. Poppy can wear this around the house, but I wouldn't be so likely to take him cruising around town in it. It's functional, but the uneven back grinds me up. If you're a knitter who doesn't mind picking up curved stitches (or you could crohet the boarder to prevent the stockinette from rolling) this dog sweater can be found here:

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/dog-sweater

I used the stitch numbers and layout of Linus, the measurements of Coats and Clark, and a cute 17x23 snowflake chart to make Poppy a white sweater with a blue collar and blue snowflake on the back. The snowflake came a little too high up his back, but it's still really cute. I'll put all of the pictures of Poppy in his sweaters on the slideshow. They're very cute. Tomorrow, my parents are coming over my house to share the 7lb roast chicken I will be making. Ray was supposed to make it, but he is very sick right now. Anyway, my mom will be bringing over Poppy's sewn outfits. Yay! I hope they don't require any altering. As soon as they're fitted properly, I'll share pictures of those too. I love my spoiled grateful furry little guy!




No comments:

Post a Comment